Pocketable and versatile, the black Nikon COOLPIX A1000 is a sleek point-and-shoot offering flexible imaging capabilities and a well-rounded physical design. A 16MP BSI CMOS sensor and EXPEED image processing yield high-resolution, well-defined imagery with an ISO 100-6400 sensitivity range and a fast 10 fps shooting rate for photographing moving subjects. UHD 4K video recording is also supported at 30p, along with Full HD recording at up to 60p, and still frames can be pulled from 4K footage for isolating fast-moving moments. Complementing the imaging assets is the impressive 35x Zoom-NIKKOR ED lens, which covers a 24-840mm equivalent focal length range to suit shooting in nearly any situation. Lens-shift VR benefits stills shooting at long focal lengths and with slower shutter speeds, and compensates for the effects of camera shake for up to three stops. Additionally, the A1000 is further characterized by its high-resolution 1.166m-dot electronic viewfinder for eye-level viewing, a rear 3.0" 1.036m-dot tilting touchscreen LCD, and built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for wireless sharing and remote control.
- Sleek, pocketable form factor is ideal for everyday shooting.
- High-resolution 1.166m-dot electronic viewfinder provides bright, clear eye-level viewing, which is especially beneficial when working in bright conditions.
- A 3.0" 1.036m-dot touchscreen LCD is an intuitive means for live view shooting, playback, and menu navigation, and it has a tilting design to benefit working from high, low, and front-facing angles.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Low Energy work in conjunction with Nikon's SnapBridge system for connecting the camera with a mobile device in order to wirelessly share images between devices as well as remotely control the camera.
- Snap-Back Zoom Button lets you quickly zoom out from a super telephoto position to regain perspective of the entire scene and reacquire your subject. This button can also be customized to activate manual focus, aperture, ISO, exposure compensation, or white balance adjustments.
- EN-EL12 rechargeable lithium-ion battery offers approximately 250 shots per charge.
- An HDMI port permits connecting the camera directly to an HDTV for high-resolution playback.
- Built-in pop-up flash can be used for additional illumination when working in difficult lighting conditions.